I don't know if anyone has read this adage, but I find it spell binding. It goes like this…
Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
And a child that's born on the Sabbath day
Is fair, wise, good and gay.
[mid 19th century Proverbs]
Okay, how cool is that? It’s actually in the collection of Proverbs! (according to The Oxford Dictionary of Quotations) How on earth do these ancient people predict what happens to a child born on which particular day? How long did they researched n how reliable is it? I mean most Proverbs are true aren't they? Look at...
Dreams go by contraries. -early 15th century
(So true!)
Fortune favours fools. -mid 16th century
(Hmm...I'm stupid.)
Better be an old man's darling than a young man's slave. -mid 16th century
(Didn't know women back then were already so scheming! =P)
I came across this birthday proverb while I was flipping thru my baby photo album long ago. It was rite there on the front page so I couldn't have missed it. I have been intrigued by it ever since. Very curious to find out what Destiny has in store for me, a Thursday's child. What does 'far' mean? How far is 'far'? Would I get the chance to travel around the world? Or does it mean tht I would accomplish great things? Hmm… I wonder…
Another interesting thing is Chinese have a believe that the way a person holds the chopsticks, can determine where s/he will live after s/he gets married. The higher up u hold your chopsticks, the farther u will move away from your hometown. So, if u hold ur chopsticks way low, u'll might just end up getting married to ur neighbour. Lol. I hold my chopsticks quite high so, is this another indication?? LOL...
There is too much coincidence to be ignored. Hence, I'm now living in a dream tht one day I would be jet setting around the world. Doing great things. Leading a very fulfilled life. Hehe… Hopefully it'll come true! ^o^
Yawns...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment