My beloved Nokia 3310 - my first mobile phone, the second hand phone from who know who, the phone that has gone through numerous obstacles with me, weathered all sorts of conditions you can ever imagine, crashed and burnt a gazillion times.... dropped into a toilet bowl. =s
Until now, i still couldn't figure out how it happened.
Entered tutorial class, noticed that Vince wasn't in there, decided to head to the toilet first. On my way there, sms-ed Vince to tell him the lecturer was in class already. Stuffed the phone back into my jeans front pocket. Entered the toilet. Did my business. Stood up. Flushed... *CLANK!!!*
My phone fell rite in front of my eyes!!! The back cover detached, sprang and fell on the side, while the rest of my phone fell right into the bowl! It was too late... I could only watch it being flushed together with the water down the hole. As i watched my phone going with the flow, crazy thoughts were racing through my mind...
1. "Oh no! my SIM card!!!" =s
2. "Why didn't the back cover fall in instead?? Hmmm..."
3. "Yays! I can finally get a new phone!!! hahahaha...." =D
I know, this sounds so ridiculous. Laugh all you want. Even I, am laughing at myself now. LOL... Yup, those were the exact thoughts that crossed my mind during that split second of fear and panic. Margie, I think only you'd know how i feel rite? hehe..
After everything was flushed cleanly down the hole, I was literally frozen. I prayed that there would be a miracle of some sort. Then somewhere deep down, from the dark eerie hole, a blue light shone brightly! It was like the light at the end of a tunnel. Beautiful blue light!! Alleluia! My prayers were answered! Thank God... Oh, thanks btw, Vince, for replying my msg. (Hence, the light) =P I saw my phone! My phone's still there! HAHAHA...
Now the hardest part, how do i get it out?!
There wasn't time to think. There wasn't any plastic bag around. This is it. I HAVE TO do it! I held my breath, blocked my mind off any thoughts, stuck my hand deep down the hole, towards the blue illuminated phone. YES! I got it! Although, the front cover and keypad are lost for good, I still got my phone back!!! Yays! Yays!! Eeew. Eeew.. Eeeeww!! I hurriedly opened the door, brought my phone to the sink, and wash my 3310 under running water...
With mixed feelings of joy and yucky-ness... I carried my phone back to my class.
In the class, i knocked the phone furiously to try draining the water clogged in it. Then, with toes crossed tightly, i tried switching it back on... There's light! But the screen's empty! Attempt failed...
Throughout the entire tutorial, my hands were shaking, and my head was blank - only thought of my dear 3310 and icky hands covered with bacteria and who knows wat not?.. (I think i have a slight obsessive compulsive disorder with cleanliness.)
Anyways, after class i told Vince wat happened. Already feeling very bad, he had to stress how clumsy i was. Sighs... U think i don't know that?? =( Then he said, "How much do you have in your bank acc? Later gonna bring you go buy new phone." I should be feeling happy, but i wasn't. I was actually reluctant to get a new phone! Can you believe it? lol.. Plus, Vince just bought me a new hp batt not long ago! I didn't care. 3310, i'll give u a second, third, thousandth chance before i give u up. All it takes is for the water to dry up and it'll be fine. It always recover! Through water or sand (it got splashed with lotsa water once, and buried under sand for 1 hr too), it always work out in the end.
Came back home, put it directly in front of a fan at full blast. Luckily, Vince had a spare phone. At least i wouldn't be cut off from the world. 5 messages were already waiting. Adui... Messaged Marge the first thing i could and she told me to go look up How Stuff Works. Some sort of alcohol could help. Eh?? By then, i was more excited about getting a new phone than dismantling 3310 to rub alcohol all over it. Haha.. Fickle minded me. =P
Sometime around 5pm, Vince came over with my phone and a smile. My phone was ALIVE!! The screen's showing words!! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!! =D (Damn... Now i can't buy a new phone! Shucks... )
Told Marge the great news and this is wat she said: "Was even thinkin of helping to sponsor your new phone d,too bad :p" Alamak... sweats. -.-"
And so, this is the latest adventure of the Nokia 3310 of mine. After i buy a new cover n keypad, I guess it's gonna stay by my side for a long looong time. hehe.. =D
ps: I wouldn't mind a new phone for my B'day tho. *hint hint* =P



2 comments:
i hereby declare nokia 3310 the longest living hp ever to exist! eh u mean the hp batt still on even in the water?? then got the screen light summore? terror la, unbelievable hahaha
Yup! It was still working even submerged in water. They should award the Nobel Prize to Nokia for such an amazing invention. Hahaha...
Post a Comment