March 30, 2009

Don't dream, it's over!

Yes, it's over. Finally over now!

My Final Year Project is finally over!!! *sighs of relief*

I don't have to dream anymore. It has happened. I've been waiting for this moment since the beginning of the sem. Waiting to finish all my assignments for this semester. Having 3 core 100% coursework paper in a sem is really crazy! It's freaking insane!

I am so glad that my FYP was subtitling though. I have always wanted to do subtitling, cos of my love for the TV and all those foreign language (yep, including Mandarin) films. I think doing subtitles was actually much easier than doing literature or technical translations. I actually had fun doing subtitles for Perempuan Punya Cerita (or Chants of Lotus). It is an Indonesian indie film containing 4 different short stories about 4 different women's life in 4 different parts of Indonesia. It is a pretty good movie really. I was dealing with the second part of the movie and it was about a story of Dangdut Club dancers and a little girl's pursuit for fame and fortune which ended up with the child becoming a child bride in Taiwan, while the second story was a about a Chinese HIV+ single mum and her daughter facing discrimination, even from her own husband's family. It was an educational movie and I really wish they'd show it here in Malaysia.

Anyhow, now that i'm done with it, i can proudly say i have done subtitles for a movie! hahaha.. ^^Y

Anyone interested in watching my work? hehehe. Just let me know ya! ;)

5 comments:

Norven said...

omg how cool is that, doing subtitles for FYP?! i wish my fyp is half as fun lo :( i wanna see! is it possible to post on youtube??

kimly said...

where to find the movie ? ...except in your part of the world -_-''

sleepy said...

Hmm.. my part is almost an hour. I'll try to share the file with you instead? hehe. =)

Oh kimly, i don't know where you can find this movie. My lecturer got it directly from Indonesia. And i can't guarantee the ones you found online has subtitles. haha. Unless... you take from me or my coursemates! hehe. However, we did half subtitles in Malay, half in English for comparison purposes.

Hmm.. maybe i can do it all in English, specially for you! Give me some time. I'll do it during the holidays. hehe. =)

kimly said...

ive found the full movie....without subtitles of course... -_-''
well, i know it's quite hard to make subs : translation, correction, timing... Take your time, i still have lot of movies/dramas to watch... thxxxx =)

sleepy said...

Sure! Not a problem at all. Wait for my good news! =)