October 19, 2006

Dreams are my reality

This might sound like a cliché but it's true! It happened to me just a few days ago.

I was having the sweetest dream after staying up late till 3am before I slept (even though I was going to have a tutorial at freaking 9am that day!). I forgot what the dream was about but I recall vividly that I was in some sort of school and I was late for some class. The interesting thing about dreams is u can do whatever u wish to in it, whatever at all, even if it's a very far cry from your true self. So, there I was somehow a lot more bolder in my dreams, taking my own sweeeet time to class although I knew I was late for class… Till I met Boon Sin (my floor mate) who told me in a very calm way. "Joyce, you are late."
Note the missing exclamation marks. It really sounded so saintly k?

Immediately, sensing something weird about this dream, I jumped out of my bed in a flash. Tried to focus my still sleepy-blurry-without spectacles eyes on my huge alarm clock and to the horror of horrors… The hands of my clock read 8.50am!!!! Bloody hell…

Like Superman, I slipped into my clothes in a split second n rushed to the toilet to wash my face (shd be brushing teeth n all but to heck with it. I'm already late!) The toilet is actually just outside my room but seemed so far then. I opened the door and, lo and behold rite in front of me is Boon Sin brushing her teeth in the toilet!

I was still disturbed by tht weird dream n even before I can digest it, my dream is sort of happening in front of my eyes again! Weird. Went to wash my face and dreamily told Boon Sin "You appeared in my dream just now." As I turned around to run back to my room, I managed to see her with a very puzzled look. Thinking back, i think i sounded like a madwoman. Hehehe…

In the end, I managed to dash to my lecture hall on time after all. Pheww…

Dreams are my reality,
a wonderous world where I like to be...
[Reality by Richard Sanderson]


On the topic of dreams,

Picasso's 'Le Reve' ('The Dream')

Picasso's famed "Dream" painting turned into a nightmare for Las Vegas casino magnate Steve Wynn when he accidentally gave the multimillion dollar canvas an elbow. He poked a finger-sized hole in the artwork while showing it to friends at his Las Vegas office a couple of weeks ago after finalizing a $139 million sale to another collector of his painting

'Oh s---,' he said. 'Look what I've done. Thank goodness it was me.'"

Apparently, he has retinitis pigmentosa, an eye disease that damages peripheral vision and is rolling in money! Wynn had decided to release the buyer from the sale agreement and to repair and keep the painting himself. Read more.
Sigh... Some ppl just don't run out of money Sheesh.
Yawns...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there, if i'm not wrong, joycie u r d sleephead..cos e way grumpy style's so not u..of course except u hv split personality..den i can only said wish u get well soon le..Neway, who's dis noble critic grumpy? well,shld recommend to me tho..nevertheless,u asked me to write a looong comment..i'll try my best 2 do my best k..congrats,u r gettin into the realm of intuition..able to use ur dream to predict e reality uh..whoa, bravo..bravo..i bet next yr u r able to join harry potter in his world soon..By then, dun forget to invite banana k..cos i also hv a great talent of leavin my banana "uh" spirit wif everyone..i wonder izzit enough loong my comment..oki le, tata for now..i lost my words to further my comment. (>o^)