November 22, 2007

Revelation








I'm in LOVE!








who?
Vincent Ooi







why?






how?

For the benefit of all my loyal readers... I shall relate the whole story (or at least the very interesting part)...


He was a new student. He transfered from University Utara M'sia at the start of Semester 2. Although we were in the same class for 4 months, we had barely knew each other till the last few days of uni.

Reasons: He didn't come on the 1st day, he always sits at the back of class while i sit nowhere at the back, i don't turn around looking for the 3rd chinese guy, he's in a different tutorial, he doesn't attend the boring computer lecture. (Hmm...thinkin back, my class had only 59 ppl, how on earth could we not have spoken to each other?? haha..)

Even though i never set eyes on him, we both already "knew" each other. He was known as "Vincent" - the new guy who got called out by my fave and most-feared lecturer on the 1st day but was absent. And I'm "Joyce" - the smart stuck-up gal. *swts*

That was our faceless identity throughout the semester.


One fine day...on 28 Mar '07, some chinese girl coursemates decided we should go out for steamboat. And to Golden BBQ it was. 12 ppl, 4 cars. One of them of cos, driven by him, the Penang guy with the biggest car. If you're thinking wat i think you're thinking.. Nope, I sat in a different car. Eventually, we met.
He was sitting on one table, me the other. Can't rmb if i even said 'Hi!'. There he was, sitting next to the gal he was teased to 'like'. Couldn't cared less, i just ate and made small talk with the people on my table (people i was closer to - i'm an introvert listener =P) while avoiding squirting oil from the BBQ. Eating soon led to camera snapping. Being one of the 4 guys surrounded by 8 gals, it was inevitable that i took a group shot with him. This was the first day...

More gatherings occurred towards the end of the sem. Frens' b'day celebrations, etc... Of cos, being the unofficial "Chauffeur" a.k.a. Boss, he was never out of the picture.

3 April, we chatted for the first time. It was that incident where someone said Convent gals have a funny 'accent' (
see Proud To Be). I guess that's when i started to notice, he seems like an interesting nice guy! =P

Sem 2 ended... It was time for a long holiday. He as usual, offered to send all of us gals to our desired destination - either to the apartment, the jetty or the bus stop.
Like always, I was the last one to go home. Hence, I was the last one he would send off. He said every gal he gave a lift to, told him to buck up, and chase that gal he 'supposedly liked' within the next 2 months holiday. I laughed and told him likewise. I figured, what a nice a couple they would make...

Back in my favourite JB, i spent all my days on the comp surfing the net, chatting on MSN (like i've never used it before), met up with frens, took a part-time job and somehow got closer to him.

First, it was 3 messages a day. Then it became 10. Soon, it was flooding my inbox! Everytime a message arrived, a silly smile creeps up my face. Wat was a simple action, turned into a terrible addiction. MSN played a vital part too. Late nite and early morning chats took place almost every nite/day. Deep dark secrets were slowly shared bit-by-bit across the World Wide Web...

Luck hasn't always been on my side. I think it's because Fate was there.

As a result, left JB for Penang earlier than the rest on 18 June i did. Felt so miserable that my holidays were shortened all just for picking up exchange students (which btw, i only managed to pick-up 5). At the same time however, something deep down inside felt kinda happy. Was in fact comforted to know, i won't be alone on that small island in that stupid Uni...

Got arranged to stay in a hostel building all to myself. With no one for company, he became my companion. Signs were showing, yet who would have known?
(see Arrival)

Semester 3 started. Everything was normal again... except it wasn't really the way it used to be. Studies were overloaded, responsibilities were pilling up. Walking around campus as i used to, didn't seem to be a wise feasible option anymore. Lousy USM bus service and the many hills made me turn to him for help...

Before long, other people began noticing. Frens would curiously ask if anything was going on. Denial was the best way to escape their constant questioning. In the back of my mind, scrambled thoughts needed straightening. But how?? This is too complicated...

Middle of the night, 14 June... a message before we end our day turned into 'the question' of the day.
I was shocked. I was confused. I was petrified!

Just the day before, mum called up and asked about 'the guy' who picked me up. Reminded me with a nag, "studies comes first, relationships can wait". In my head i was silently screaming, "O-M-G... Mum, how did u know that there was something??!!".

I couldn't decide. I had to think. And so, i took forever to reply him.

Aug 25, the pivotal minute. Distance it seems, became the catalyst. One in Ipoh, the other Penang. Both connected through the MSN. He seemed restless and needed some confirmation. I thought and pondered, maybe it was a time for reaction.

I said YES. Why shouldn't we? It was after all, a rare opportunity...

He felt weird. This wasn't the way it should be. Oh, who cares? As long as we're happy.


This is the story of how we became we.


No matter how badly you want it kept, happiness should be shared. It began with my sis and now it's this. I can't say no, the whole world would know! I beg you all please, don't tell my mum this. I want to do it, once I deem fit. When the time comes for me to announce, I really hope she'll understand for once.

________________________
_________________



YAYS!!!! I finished it! *jumps for joy*

You guys liked it? =)









PS: If you think there's something you wanna add/subtract.. pls leave a comment. Hee.. =P


10 comments:

rojakrojak said...

all i can say is...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHO CHWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sleepy said...

Thanks rojakrojak!

Thanks for waiting the whole nite through, while i type this whole thing out. Hee... =D

Missed ya! Can't wait to see u to tell more... hahaha... =P

rojakrojak said...

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

EXCITED SIAL!!! CAN YOU SAY, ADRENALINE!??!?!

bring him to jb one day. we have to grill him for abit. HUAKHUAKHUAK!!!!

kidding la, dowan later u sayang for him. ehehehe

rojakrojak said...

one more thing. ask him for me if he's related to jeff ooi. thank you. hehehehe...

Norven said...

AWWWWWWWWW, that's such a sweeeet picture of u two! So glad it's finally open; well, at least to the rest of us less your mum :P

Can't wait to see the BOTH of you! Remember our date!

:*)

Anonymous said...

wow..u n "him" story is so long man...haha...congratulation ya.hope he dote u more ....best wishes to u ok..

sleepy said...

To norven:
Hehehe.. How could i forget our date?! Can't wait to see u too!!
=P


To rosanne:
Haha.. There's actually more to tell..but i shall leave that for another day when we meet up k!
Thanks ya!! =)

kimijun said...

woots sweet!

Anonymous said...

it's about time!
i love how everything unfolded between the two of you.
congrats and good luck <3

fay

Allison said...

haha..joycie..i feel like reading a love storybook..awww..don leave me out to if he finally comes jb! haha..all d best..