October 29, 2008

You've Got Mail!

I received a package today, and it's from My Melati in Penang!!!!!
It was long awaited.. but nevertheless surprising to see a present sent to me by post allllll the way from Malaysia!!

Thank you Mel darling!

I was complaining to her during the first 2 weeks of my stay in Canada, how life was so blue without friends.. how bland the food here is... And out of the blue, she said she was going to send me a parcel full of Raya goodies soon. The food she mentioned.. rendang.. kari.. raya cookies.. *drools* I thought it was a joke.. but she insisted she wasn't joking. I even urged her not to send it, cos it's so freaking EXPENSIVE! But she didn't listen to me, as usual.. haha.

And so, 2 mths later... Vince told me to go check my mail box for a parcel from Mel.. OMG!!! I was so excited, i checked my mail box EVERYDAY... n then after 2 weeks.. i thought the parcel have gotten lost somewhere. But then yesterday, i decided to give it a try, and there it was! A card in my mailbox that said "PARCEL AT DESK"! Whee~!!! And when i finally saw the box... my jaw literally dropped. I didn't expect her to send it in an A4 box!!!! And it was heavy!!! Oh Mel... you really shouldn't have gone through all the expense. But i really appreciate it!! I LOVE EVERYTHING u sent to me.. especially the birthday card n gift! Love you babe.. Can't wait to see you.. =)

Well, here are some pics!


Tada! The package from Mel with love. =D

It's for me! Moi!!

The condition of the package after flying across continents.

The date it actually arrived at my residence.

At first sight.

Cashew butter cookies!!!! =P

My favourite..


Oh Mel... Miss you la!

So pretty!!

The raya cookies, ketupat, kurma and sweets!
I'm thinking of having a mini raya celebration with these. hehe =)

It was beautiful indeed...


2 comments:

Ayaq said...

Oh so THAT'S what's in the box... I nampak haritu Melati dok usung pi bilik dr Haslina (dah la taim tu i tengah tunggu for interpreting test haha dieeee)

sleepy said...

Oh, she did eh? Poor thing.
How was ur test anyway? With dr haslina ka?