After my previous out-of-ordinary post, today's entry shall be a happy-er one.
Well, for starters, the Canadian FOUND his passport the night he "lost" it itself. But failed to mention it to me till I found out the next day at the International Office.. And not through him at all. Thanks for the heart attack dude. The funny thing was, he "misplaced" the passport in his own apartment, UNDER HIS BED/PILLOW all along! Adui… He wanted to keep it safe, but can't even remember where he keeps it! Interesting! Maybe he should draw a secret treasure map for himself - Zzz marks the spot. Lol…
Much progress have taken place since my last entry…
Friends have return to USM. I have neighbours now!!! Hehehe.. =D They all came back on Sunday night.. And since then, my stay in hell-hole has improved vastly.. I have company to talk to late at night, to walk to n from the IO under the HOT sun together, to go online at the mamak stall together… Oh, there's something I find interesting and I must share it with u guys. I dunno whether u guys already know about this.. But the mamak stalls in Malaysia, ESPECIALLY Penang are damn technologically modernised these days. They provide wireless hotspot man! Hahaha.. And they even key in all your orders into the computer, u noe like in those western restaurants.. Lol. Mamak stalls are no longer the dirty cafĂ© where ppl gather to have teh tarik and roti canai. Nope. Times have certainly changed.
Oh, regarding the resource room. It's actually a room full of booklets on the foreign unis that the international office has alliance with. So, it's used by local n foreign students to help them with their exchange programme etc.. And since I'm part of the international office, I was put to the task of tidying and decorating tht messy room. In the beginning, I was working alone cos no one was back yet.. But now tht there's more manpower, we've got tht room decorated le. Hehehe.. Jus finished "recycling" some old coloured A4 paper that was stuck uglily on the walls before, and made it into a divider on the walls. Kinda ugly actually. Hehe.. Oh well, at least it's nicer than before. This is what happens when they wanted me to "decorate". For the record, I have no creativity cells in me brain.
After being here for 10 days… I've met
2 Canadians (friendly but a lil' blur I'd say),
3 Japanese (friendly + funny),
1 Austrian (pretty and whom I'm dying to practice speaking german with),
1 French (gal frm the caribbeans who's cute) and
countless mid-easterners (whom I can't recall their names.. But one thing's for sure, they all love to smoke "sisha" in the mamak restaurant - tht flavoured water smoking thingy)
So overall, life in Penang is not that bad afterall…for now. ^.^
Hope it gets better! =P



0 comments:
Post a Comment