June 24, 2007

Arrival

Wednesday, June 20, 2007
12:39 AM


Room 1-8A, Block M02, Restu Hostel, USM, Penang.

This is the address where I'm cooped up rite now.
Can someone please come rescue me? Hahaha… I suppose reality hasn’t quite sunk in. I still have not gotten used to the fact that I am here in Penang dy la… this feels so weird!

It's only been 1 month, 22 days since I left Penang, but everything seems a whole lot different somewhat. Besides the fact that Penang is now rainy and stormy 24/7, (Oh ok, only jus for today.) Penang seems.. tranquil upon my return. The circumstance that I'm the ONLY one on level 1 and pretty sure among the less than 10 occupants in this eerie building makes it even more obvious.

Well, thankfully I've got me lappy and DVDs with me. *happy dance* I would freak out and go bonkers if I stayed in this hole for another second without entertainment. There's practically no view outside my window.. All I see is an empty walkway rite in front of it and the neighbouring buildings with pitch black windows and the quiet ground below. Ooh.. What a sight. =S Hence, I've decided to draw the curtains tight. Cos looking out the window just makes it all the more lonelier plus scarier at night. Did I mention I have a very good imagination? =D

Had to pee jus a while ago. And gosh.. Wat an adventure… First, I had to open the door and take a looong look outside before stepping out, locking the door made so much noise and it seemed forever, moved flash-like while constantly listening for other sounds in the oh so silent toilet that u can hear your own breath, later with a very loud beating heart I have to open the damn security-tight door lock making so much racket yet again, and peeping into my room first to ensure there isn't anyone in there (even though the possibility is theoretically zero) and finally running in and double-locking the door. I swear I watch too many horror n criminal investigation shows. Thinking back, what did I think I was gonna do if there really was someone somewhere? Hmmm... I honestly don’t know.

Oh well, it's just another 16 days here alone. I can handle it… Right?

Hang in there gal.


Ps: Thanks Vince for the DVDs and everything! You’re a life-saver. =P

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well..long time i have not been appearing as banana commentor..so,i decided left some trace of my banana skin here today..by ur way of describing ur environment + some imagination of mine..i can sense some black ninjas sneaked into ur room when u left for toilet..and can picture the scene in ur toilet looks like those in horror movies..scary uh? how abt u learn some martial art like Jackie Chan and eat some garlics to scare the vampires away with the garlicish breathe? I bet the watever u imagine and mayb ur roommate will flee as soon as possible..o(^o^)o

sleepy said...

Hahaha... all tht's lacking is the flickering lights, then it would be pretty scary movie. =P

Thx banana, for the suggestions. Now.. if only i had a roommate to scare.

Maybe i can jus use your skin to make the enemies fall eh? lol..

kimijun said...

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!
hehe..
aww that's okay honey, just make sure you keep your door locked TIGHT at night okay..
1st floor, still better than ground floor rite? hehehe..

BLAST your songs while ppl are not here,..there's always sth good abt not having neighbours!! Hahaha

take care k :)

sleepy said...

Oh wait.. It is the ground floor. I made a mistake... cos my room no is 1-8 ma.. but it is on the ground de.. hehe

rojakrojak said...

do what i do la... if the library open then go enjoy the A/C there and if got wireless there lagi syiok lo... hahaha... or mebbe sleeeeeeeeeeeeeep whole day. hehehe... and like jun said, BLAST THE SYSTEM1!!!! enjoy your time alone there, karaoke as loud as you want, no one there to complain!!!