It is confirmed.
I'm a damn bloody indecisive gal. I can't make decisions to save my life. Gosh.. why like that???
Went into Singapore last Thurs with MingEng, Lifen and Ruiwen, supposedly to conquer the Great Singapore Sale. Mana tau.. i ended up with just nothing more than $10 of goods. And only $4 of it is for myself. Adui... I had made plans. I had gathered all the sufficient info I needed. I even made a mental list of things to buy! All of it went down the big sewer.
First stop - Parco Bugis Junction. Had a delicious Ramen lunch at Ajisen. Wandered around for hours after the meal. Went into shops with HUGE signs of 50% discounts and above. Tested some clothes. Ruiwen n ME bought dozens of clothes n shoes (almost), while Lifen n i window shopped the entire time.
With nothing gained, hmm.. more like nothing spent in Parco, I journeyed on to Bugis Street. I've heard so much about Bugis St. from all my friends so i went there with hopes as high as Mt Everest. STILL... Nothing caught my eye!!! I searched every shop i could find for a bag for mum, yet i could find none suitable for her. Hmm.. Maybe my eyes were set too high.. Maybe I really fancy nothing I saw there that day.. Or jus maybe, I couldn't decide which I would really like to buy for my mum. Anyway, in our rush to meet up with Norven in Vivocity, we left the place early without exploring the other shops. Sigh.... Sorry bout tht Lifen n Ruiwen.
Ok, so Bugis was a big letdown for me. Vivocity was my next possible hope. Although I didn't pin much hope on Vivocity cos it's famous for being an expensive out-of-my-budget-range shopping mall, nevertheless, i went there with happy positive thoughts of buyin something really nice for myself. Went straight to Nichii the M'sian opened boutique where Nor works. We all simply took some clothes to try so we could surprise nor while she worked. hehehe... Tried on a black top. It was not bad.. but i was still hesitant to buy it. So we left Nichii after being reprimanded by Nor for not replying her msg. Met with YuHooi to have tea/dinner.
*Note: Secret Recipe @ Vivocity SUCKS big time. Drinks wasn't even served after we came back from the WC. They had forgotten or lost our order somewhere n had to retake our order 2 freakin times (after Lifen complained) to get it right. By tht time, the food we specifically ordered for was out! Sheesh.. N the bloody manager/chief waiter can still stand there ignoring us even though we were just inches away from him n grumbling like hell. Idiot. Our brownies came in the end.. It was ok. Our lemon tea tasted like sugar water. Ruiwen's lasagna looked like shit and tasted like.. Shit. Even so, she gobbled everything up cos she was famished. Poor thing.
After that not so satisfying meal, we continued our rampage thru vivo. But before we did that, we did wat every Singaporean is famous for.. QUEUE UP. We queued up for Vinco's Donuts. While we were sitting in Secret Recipe, we could see a crowd outside tht donut shop so we wondered wat was so amazing bout it. Pang (aka Ruiwen) wanted to treat us to donuts, and planned to buy 6 of it. We were queueing until we were 3rd in line.. when suddenly pang says, she don want to eat. In the end only yuhooi n lifen ordered 1 each. It was hilarious la, we lined up so long.. jus following the crowd but in the end we only bought 2 while the Sg'eans were buying in dozens! Anyhow, lifen regretted not buying more.. cos it was seriously DELICIOUS! Dunkin' Donuts can forget bout openin a shop in Sg forever.
We dashed from shop to shop. Searching for bargains n anything to buy at all. Lifen n i were already at the point of desperation. We needed to buy something just to fulfil our burning desire. I saw a lovely tube top at LVER. I really decided i was going to buy that already... when i found out it had flaws!! All the 3 of it left on the rack was dirtied. It had stains or black spots on it. AARRGGHHH!!!!!!!!! This sucks!!! My legs are aching like hell, we still haven got ourselves anything. Pang n yuhooi already seem tired from following us ard like mad. The shops are closing in 30mins... We need to get something ASAP!
Ultimately... we spotted THE ONE! We saw Daiso (not sure bout the name). That was our last resort. We ran in like it was an oasis and we were in a desert. It was a mini supermarket of imported Japanese goods. And the best part was... EVERYTHING was for $2 only!!!! Wah.. that's it. Lifen n i promised to shop like crazy. I grabbed a basket.. n took whatever i wanted. Somehow, all the things i took was for my family! Urgh... Wat the heck! In the end, lifen n i bought ourselves a mini pack of 6 colour highlighter pens among the other stuffs we grabbed. Btw, we were the last ppl to leave the shop. hahahaha... We were that desperate.
This is the misadventure of my trip to Singapore. So much for the GSS going on there. 70% of my total expenditure went to food. Gosh.. i could have just eaten here in JB lah.. Wat a terrible waste of time n energy to enter Sg jus for food. -.-ll
Returned to JB at exactly midnight. Promised to meet up again before i leave. And so we did on Saturday. Went to City Square again... like there's no other shoppin mall left in JB. Sad.. Made a vow to bring lotsa cash to spend. I swear that was my plan.. But it all went AWRY. Bought no jacket, bought no shirts.. nada. Only bought magazines n stationery from Popular. How pathetic can i be??? MingEng n Pang were soooo going to slaughter me alive that day if it wasn't for the need for them to return early. hahaha.... They still would like to kill me now if they knew that i didn't buy any shirts after they left. hehehe... Well, now they would know, but by the time u guys read this i'll be 700km away. bwahahaha... =P
Anyways, i LOVE u gals so so much!!! Thanks for tolerating this indecisive idiot.
Let's go shopping again someday? *rofl*...



4 comments:
hi dear, u do realise tt i may murder u rite??? hahaha... ANYWAY, wat i wanna say= i dun mind shoppin wid u again.. haha. it's great fun.. except for tt puny part lar.. wahaha..
yes, joyice, i'm confirming murdering u IF u're coming with us to shop and not buying anything!!
oklar, so sorry for reprimanding you guys for not replying, but i was seriously busy (like you all cant see) tht i really cant afford to talk in case the supervisor kills me.
but u only bought so little in sg is quite unbelievable! so much discount! how come nothing worth buying meh?
but i hope u enjoy yourself in sg the next time u come though haha.. enjoy yourself in penang (i don mean to sound sarcastic, but it does sound a bit that way hor? :P)
nor: Nah, it's ok la.. Jus blog about it only. No harm done. And yes, your boss's kinda into slavery eh? Scary la the workload plus, only one break the whole day??
mingeng: OK. I'm confirming not going to go out shopping with u in the future. hahaha.. Kidding! I'm confirming to make a survey first before goin shoppin with u. hehehe..
.rui.wen.: Ditto mingeng's + I will never mind tagging along to help u (n mingeng of cos) shop for clothes. Seeing u buy stuff makes me happy! (Ok, i think i jus sounded like a weirdo) hehehe.. =P
Post a Comment